Monday, May 9, 2011

Julia's tablecloth

My friend Julia recently had a birthday, and this is what I made for her. It all came about from a conversation about tablecloth designs we had one night while having dinner at Julia's place- she's a great cook and hostess and loves to entertain and we thought it'd be cute to have lots of eating words on a tablecloth.
So I bought a plain white tablecloth and painted a border around the edge with words about eating and enjoying food and personalised it by adding in Julia and Phill. It took me a bit longer than the day I had optimistically thought I might need to paint it, but I was happy with the results- I can't wait to see it on the table, but here it is on the clothesline. And the best thing is she loves it!


1 comment:

ilona nelson said...

this is gorgeous, love it!