Monday, October 19, 2009

Object of Desire

I have an old Polaroid camera (and I mean 'old' not one of the pretty new ones they put out just before folding completely but one I inherited from my wonderful camera benefactor- my stepfather) and I felt quite sad, but not surprised when the film became completely extinct. So...imagine my joy when the indispensable photojojo folk emailed me their newsletter about this little beauty...The Fuji Instax Instant Camera... ta da!
A new little camera that prints instantly...sigh, I want one..and I will get one! Of course the film is fairly expensive (just like the old Polaroid film) and the prints are teeny tiny- about business card size- but somehow that only adds to the appeal for me. One woman's gimmick is another woman's "ART"...right?


1 comment:

Weezie's Woolies said...

Mini photos strike me as good for collages, right? If you need any more justification about buying one let me know, I'm very good at justifying purchases! Great for diaries too! I want one