Friday, September 19, 2008

Exhausted


I've been kind of lost in the world of Grant Applications for the last few weeks, spending almost all my time trying to collect all the bureaucratic bumpf necessary to apply for a grant to buy a water tank for the Northcote Community Gardens. Oh my lordy wordy it's a rigmarole, but I handed it in personally yesterday, so now we wait and see. You wouldn't think a water tank for a community garden would be such a difficult thing to obtain, but the world of bureaucracy obviously disagrees.
But Spring has sprung, and I am delighted to report that almost ALL my tomato seeds have germinated, plus my fancy French potimarron pumpkins (see photo) and even a few habanero chillis...yay! Cross fingers we get some decent rain soon to set them up for the growing season.

There has been no announcement of winners yet for the BSG photographic show, because they had so many entries they decided to take their time deciding and announce the winners on the closing night. My shots are (unfortunately) placed in the stairwell, despite me having them in there quite early for hanging- I think there's some favouritism going on about placement. But hey, they are up and they look good...and if you're prepared to risk breaking your neck as you come down the stairs you can get a great eye level look at them.
Thanks lovely Simone and Louise for your good wishes!

1 comment:

Weezie's Woolies said...

when is the closing night? Your garden sounds wonderful. Everything on my balcony is dead.....even my bamboo (which I thought was virtually impossible to kill off) after the holidays. We have roughly three more months here, so I dont know about starting anything, will be a lot of moving. Maybe some cherry tomatoes.

Would they survive the afternoon sun? It comes at an angle in the arvos starting around 2.00pm.